In this example we will add two text links to two external websites. Text links can be placed on any page or blog post.
To add a text link to a page:
01. Begin by going to your website’s Dashboard.
02. Hover over the Pages section (or Posts section) and click on the All Pages (or All Posts) link that appears.
03. Hover over the page (or post) you want to add the link to and click on Edit.
04. Highlight the text you want to turn into a link. You can use existing text, type new text or type the address of the website you are linking to.
05. Click the ‘Insert/edit link’ button, then click the ‘Link options’ button (the icon that looks like a cog). This will open a new window. You will see that the text you highlighted has already been added in the ‘Link Text’ field.
06. The ‘URL’ field is where you add the address of the website you are linking to. If the text you highlighted in step 4 was the domain name of the website you are linking to, the ‘URL’ field should already be filled in. If it isn’t already filled in with the correct address you can add it here now.
07. When linking to another website, it can be a good idea to open this other website in a new browser tab so the user does not leave your school website completely. To do this you can tick the ‘Open link in a new tab’ checkbox.
08. Click the blue Add Link button
09. Click the blue Update button
Our videos are recorded in high definition. Switch the video to full screen for a better look.